Nicky and I are quickly finding out that every week brings something new with little Caroline. She's starting to really develop into a good sleeper, which has led to some great picture opportunities. One morning Nicky got up to get ready for work and put Caroline in bed with me. Caroline typically then gets up 10-15 minutes later when I start getting ready. Not that morning, she slept in an additional hour! For the first time I had to wake her up to go to school. I guess she liked being all tucked with the warm red blanket in our bed.
Another new development is that Caroline has taken to sucking her thumb when she's tired. She looks so cute doing it, and it seems to be her soothing technique of choice. One day she also had her furry dog (Douglas)'s foot in her mouth with her thumb. I had to get a picture because it reminded me of my sister Melissa who used to have stuffed dog with a constantly soaked ear. My mom already advised me to go out and by a few replacement Douglas's just in case!
She also visit Santa this past weekend. She did really well with it. We figured we'd better do it this year before she knew to be afraid of him. She wore her new red Christmas dress that Grandma Heilman sent up from Texas. Good think Grandpa bought a shipping scale!
We also got our tree on Sunday, so be sure to check back for more pictures of her and the tree. I have to say, I've never been a big Christmas person, but having a child has really helped me get into the holiday spirit this year.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment